Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Inspired by a Family Member

Hi everyone, welcome to Tuesday.  I finally got my butt back in they gym yesterday after about two months.  I took it easy because I hurt my neck on Friday when I fell on some ice, but it felt good to be back at it again.  I'm planning on going again tonight, I just need to keep a positive attitude through the day.  Not much else is really going on here.  Work is really busy right now, my birthday is coming up, and that's about it.  What a thrilling life I lead :)  Honestly, I just want winter to be over.  

Today's Twinsie Tuesday theme was "inspired by a family member".  I had a different mani saved for this prompt (a Hawkeyes themed mani) but I ended up creating something different.  I went with my sister Andie as my family member for this theme. 


For these nails, I started with a teal gradient because teal is her favorite color.  For those nails, I started with a base of Essie In the Cab-ana and sponged on China Glaze Sunday Funday and Sally Hansen Black and Blue for the gradient.  For my accent nail, I wanted to represent nursing.  My sister graduated college last month with her nursing degree from the University of Iowa.  They have a ridiculously hard program there, which they cut short by a semester to finish in 3.5 years, and she worked her butt off during school. 




Hopefully these nails did her justice, she's one of the hardest working people that I know!  She's got a bad case of the stomach flu so let's all send good thoughts her way!

Don't forget to check out the other Twinsie manis here:


Amanda at Amandalandish

Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails

Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish

Traci at DrinkCitra

No comments:

Post a Comment