Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 7 January 2014

My First Twinsie Tuesday: Favorite Color Combo

Hi everyone, welcome to Tuesday.  I'm back at work today after essentially going stir crazy being trapped in my house.  I probably shouldn't be here considering I was hoping to make it through my 25 minute drive this morning without flying off the road and dying.  The roads were a sheet of ice, but somehow I made it.  Anyways, today is an exciting day because it's my first ever Twinsie Tuesday post. 

I had been following the Twinsies since I started blogging and I was asked to join about a week and a half ago.  I couldn't be more excited!  For my very first prompt, the theme was "favorite color combo".  This was harder than I thought.  I can think of so many color combinations that I like....black and pink, pink and blue, teal and coral, the list goes on.  I finally settled on the combination of white and pink.  I've been seeing so much home decor on pinterest with white and pink and it felt so clean and open.  I won't lie....I added the glitter because it ultimately reminded me of a cupcake :)  So in the end, I started with the inspiration of home decor and wound up with a cupcake gradient!


To create this look, I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, my favorite white.  I dabbed on OPI Pink-ing of You to create the pink and white gradient and finished off with a painted gradient in OPI More than a Glimmer.


Don't forget to check out these other fantastic ladies and let me know what you think of my cupcake gradient in the comments :)

Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra


No comments:

Post a Comment