Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 19 January 2014

My Birthday Nails! (a day early)

Hi everyone, welcome to Sunday!  I hope your weekend is going well.  Yesterday we were trapped inside because of a snow storm but we did manage to get some shopping done beforehand.  The rest of the day was spent messing with nail stuff and watching Netflix.

Today I have my birthday nails that I did last night.  My birthday is tomorrow but I have a really pretty Indie collection to show off tomorrow :)  I'm not really a big fan of birthdays, normally I like them because I get to indulge in my favorite pizza and cake, but this year my allergies make that impossible.  I think we are planning on having crab legs and rice krispie bars (not together, because that sounds disgusting), so I guess that's making the best of it.  I am happy to not have to work tomorrow.  


Today I have my birthday nails that I really ended up liking.  I knew I wanted to do something with pretty pastel "cupcake" colors so I decided to do a tape mani.  I cut some strips of painter's tape, taped them over a base of OPI Alpine Snow, and used a small nail art brush to fill in the rest of the colors.  For the "cupcake" colors I used OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender, OPI Mod About You, Wet N' Wild Megalast I Need a Refresh-Mint, Essie Mint Candy Apple, and OPI Chic From Ears to Tail.


Because this mani matched my fantastic new donut pillows, which were also a birthday present, I decided they were the perfect backdrop :)




So tell me, do you like birthdays?  Do you have any long standing traditions?  Let me know in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment