Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday 3 January 2014

Macaroon Nail Art

Hi everyone, yay for Friday!  Boo for such cold temperatures.  Judging by my instagram feed, most everyone else is feeling it too.  Today I have some nail art that I did last weekend after seeing a bunch of pictures of macaroons on pinterest.  I've never tried a macaroon but they just look so delicate and pretty!  I wanted to re-create that on my nails :)


To create this look, I started with a base of Ciate Amazing Gracie, which is a sheer pale pink.  To create the macaroons I used nail polish and a dotting tool.  The colors I used include OPI Stranger Tides, OPI You Don't Know Jacques, Zoya Areej, OPI In the Cable Car-pool Lane, Zoya Livingston, Zoya Louise, Zoya Micky, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and Zoya Sara.


Then I decided to give it some matte topcoat.  I think it really softens the look.  Usually I always prefer the glossy version but this time I really prefer the matte version.



So tell me, have you ever tried a macaroon?

No comments:

Post a Comment