Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 23 January 2014

Chanel Inspired Spring Mani

Hi everyone, welcome to Thursday.  It isn't until I sit down to write this post this morning that I realize how ridiculous it is.  Meaning, today the high is 1 degree and right now the wind chill is -25 degrees.  Ooops.  Oh well, I'm sick of winter, snow, and never feeling warm so I've already been wearing spring colors for a little bit now.  The work meeting yesterday went fine, although I couldn't tell if they were just mad at us the entire time.  After six hours of information, my brain was done.  I'm still unsure how I feel about it, right now the organization of our section is atrocious and I don't think yesterday got to the root of the problem.

Anyways, in this midst of this "polar vortex" I bring you some spring nail art.  I found the picture below on Pinterest and immediately knew that I wanted to re-create it.  I have to say, I love the final outcome. 

Linky!
To create this look, I started with a base of China Glaze White on White.  I topped everything with Seche Vite to dry, and then used blue painter's tape to create the white stripe down the middle.  For the stipled blocks of color, I used a very thin nail art brush and used short strokes to create the same look on the bathing suit.  In order, the colors I used were Zoya Maria, Wet N' Wild Sunny Side Up, Zoya Sara, OPI German-icure by OPI, and OPI Uh-oh Roll Down the Window.




I'd love to know what you think of this nail art, obviously I like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment