Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Halloween Striped Skittle Mani

Hi everyone, happy Hump Day!  Wednesdays always make me laugh now because of that commercial with "happier than a camel on Hump Day".  I've always loved camels for some reason and I think that commercial is so cute.  Yesterday was my first day at the gym and I thought I did pretty well.  I made it 35 minutes on the inclined treadmill and am actually not too sore this morning.  I am going back for more today.

This weekend I did a marathon of Halloween manis and today is my most festive one.  When I think of Halloween I think of black, orange, green, and purple so I wanted to create something with all of those colors.  I usually don't do skittle manis because I think I'm bad at them but I like this one because it's slightly more uniform.  I will describe the colors below.


 
Below are the colors I used:

Pointer: China Glaze Flying Dragon
Middle: OPI Stand in Lime For Days
Ring: Zoya Suri
Pinky: Essie The More the Merrier

I started with a different base color on each finger and then taped off a diagonal using blue painter's tape.  I then alternated colors on the tips.  The purples got a shimmery orange, Sinful Colors Cloud 9, and the greens got black, Essie Licorice.  I then rotated colors and used the bottle brushes to create stripes.  The black stripes are Essie Licorice and the orange stripes are OPI My Paprika is Hotter Than Yours!  Finally I finished off with dots of China Glaze Glitter All The Way, which is a mix of green, gold, purple, and either orange or red glitter.




Overall I was happy with this one.  I need to work on my freehand stripes but other than that I was pretty pleased.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment