Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Green and White Snowflakes

Hi everyone, happy Hump Day.  I'm pretty sure it should be later in the week than Wednesday ;)  The good news is that I finally finished the project that was a major source of stress at work.  To put it in simple terms, it should have taken about three and a half months to do, and I had to do it in 9 days.  Not cool to say the least.  I am just thankful it's done and I won't have to worry about it over the holidays.  Last year work really hindered my holidays due to tight deadlines and worry over points...can you tell I'm still a little bitter haha!

Today I have a design I was pretty proud of.  It took me awhile to do, but I really loved it.  I'm not sure where the idea of green snowflakes came from, but I did this one about a week and a half ago.  I started with a base of plain white using Maybelline Color Show Porcelain Party.  I then layered on a coat of OPI Save Me which contains silver glitter and multicolored bar glitter.  To create the snowflakes I used a dotting tool for the large dots on the outside and then used a small nail art brush to draw in the lines of the rest of the snowflake.  The green I used was Zoya Hunter.




I would love to hear your thoughts on my green snowflakes :)  I must like snowflakes a bunch because many of my tree ornaments are snowflakes.  Although this year I went with a cupcake theme for my tree.  Do you decorate your tree with a theme or use sentimental ornaments?

No comments:

Post a Comment