Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday 9 December 2013

Coal In My Stocking Nails

Hi everyone, welcome to Monday.  The holidays are edging closer and closer it seems like.  We had our first good snow yesterday, although I did manage to go see Catching Fire after I thought that I wouldn't be able to.  It was really good, better than the first one in my opinion.

Today I have a concept that came to me after work one day....coal in my stocking.  I am the first to admit that I wasn't a very well behaved child but one year I was so bad, that Santa threatened me!  One day near the holidays when I was in elementary school, the doorbell rang and sitting on the doormat was a letter addressed to me.  Santa had written me a personal note, in red crayon, saying that I had better shape up or I really was getting coal in my stocking.  Boy did that scare me. 


To create this look, I used a technique created by Sarah of Chalkboard Nails, which creates a dragged, distressed look to the nails.  For those nails, I started with a base of Essie Licorice and dragged the tops with OPI Suzi Takes the Wheel.  I then followed with another coat of black and then another coat of grey.   For my accent nail, I started with Essie Licorice and then layered on Shimmer Polish Valerie.  I created my stocking with a nail art brush, Essie Licorice, OPI First Date at the Golden Gate, and OPI My Vampire is Buff.

Below I have a picture with some actual coal (not received for Christmas).  My husband and I both have geology degrees so of course we have some coal lying around our house.
 

Last but not least is my actual stocking that I've been using since I was born, in 1987 :)  It's quilted and has various different floral patterns.


How do you like these coal nails?  Has Santa ever threatened you?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment