Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 3 April 2013

30 Day Challenge: Yellow

30 Day Challenge: Yellow Nails

Yay for Wednesday!  Happy Hump Day everyone :)  Today is the third day of the nail art challenge hosted by Short and Sweet In Texas.  Such a cute name!  My favorite color is yellow and so I was really excited about this day of the challenge.  I got my Julep Maven box for April two days ago and it just so happened to come with a bright lemony yellow polish.  I couldn't resist :)  Here is what I created.  I had bigger plans but I ended up smudging every nail on my other hand so I decided to get ahead on the challenge.  Nice and simple but I love the look I created.  I will do a review of Julep Abbie in an upcoming post.  And yes, there are pictures of my new haircut at the end...

I started with two coats of Julep Abbie, a bright lemon yellow crelly polish with no shimmer.  I should have done three thin coats.  Instead I chose to do two thick coats and this is how much right hand got smudged.  I took OPI Which Is Witch?, a holographic silver glitter polish, and put it about halfway up the nail.  I used one coat.  I really loved the result.  It's simple but really beautiful.



  

What do you think?  Too plain or just right?

And last but not least, my new haircut.  I went with a short, textured bob and side bangs.  I still am getting used to it and am not sure what I think at this point.  I don't know about you, but whenever I get my hair cut I feel like I need to spruce up my makeup...this time is no exception haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment