Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Pinspiration: San Francisco Pastels-Two Looks



Two looks inspired by San Francisco

Hi everyone and happy Tuesday!  Today I have my very first "Pinspiration" post.  I like to browse pinterest in my free time and I saw this picture that was taken in San Francisco.  I love the brightness and the interesting mix of colors.  So I decided to turn it into two different manicures.

colors of San Francisco

You can see my original pin here.

First up is my geometric-ish design.  I started with two coats of Maybelline Color Show Coral Crush.  I took my painter's tape and created a horizontal stripe with Julep Clara, a soft peachy color.  I then did a vertical stripe with China Glaze Sunday Funday and finished off with the top horizontal stripe in Essie Naughty Nautical.




For my second look, I started with a base of Essie Mint Candy Apple.  I then used tape to create some simple stripes with Maybelline Coral Crush and Essie Haute As Hello.




I actually quite liked both designs and wore the second one for my doctor's appointment and trip to Chicago last week.  Which design do you prefer?  I had fun with this idea of a pinspiration mani and already have a few ideas for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment